Upgrade from Walker model C to Fastrack?

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by tonym, Apr 20, 2005.

1. tonym

tonym LawnSite Member
    from PA

I have a Walker Model C, 16hp, 42" GHS. I have alot of problems with this mower. New engine at 140 hours, now a new hydro at 150 hrs. I love the cut and how it operates, and the way it handles the clippings in the hopper, and the way it sucks the leaves in the fall. My lawn is 1 acre. 1 small hill, a sand mound, other then that pretty flat, slight slope on one side. I have a Hustler dealer near me, I looked at the Fastrack before , never used one thow. How would the 18hp 52" compare with what I have now. What can i do to see no clippings the way the walker mows? Would mulching deck/blades do the same thing as the Walker GHS or is side discharge ok? What about the fall leaves , what type of bagger attachment is available for fall leave clean up?
    Thank you.

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

The 18/52 FasTrak is going to speed up your mowing considerably... your going to a faster unit and a wider deck.
    You will have more trim capability also, so less 21" work or weedeating....
    It will also work well for you on your sand mound, if your walker does it now the FasTrak will do it also.
    You can install or have the dealer install a mulch kit for a great no clipping type of cut, or you can side discharge, either if done in wet grass or to tall of grass may leave clumps, so it is critical that you don't let the grass get out of hand.
    You can have the dealer install a rear catcher also, this will work awesome for leaves and great in grass also.

Hope this helps
    Pj

3. walker/redmax

walker/redmax LawnSite Senior Member

Keep the walker. It is a much better machine. If you are having problems and are thinking about selling it and getting another mower, I would sell the one you have now and buy another walker. It sounds like you just got a lemon. Don't let it scare you away from this brand name! :cool2:

4. tn mac

tn mac LawnSite Member

I would have to say that the walker is a good machine but not better I have both the walker T model and hustler super mini for all around the walker is able to bag very well but the hustler will cut circles around it when it comes to cutting grass not even close, have never owned the c model but have had 3 moel T. GOOD FOR BAGGING AND LEAFS BUT HIGH MAINT.