1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Upgrade to Central \ Controller - Advise

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by zman9119, Jun 18, 2010.

1. SoCalLandscapeMgmt

SoCalLandscapeMgmt LawnSite Bronze Member

Oh and IQ does not include a computer. You need to install the software on your own computer and depending on your connection method you'll either need a phone line or an internet connection to connect to the field satellites.
  2. zman9119

zman9119 LawnSite Senior Member

I would prefer that the software be installed on our computers or web-based. I have my computer in the office or the laptop in the truck I can dial in from.

Connection would have to be cellular as there is zero way to get a POTS line to where the controller is located.
  3. SoCalLandscapeMgmt

SoCalLandscapeMgmt LawnSite Bronze Member

You can get a cell based connection for the IQ. I have no idea what it costs. RB seems to be secretive about what device they use and who supplies it..... probably because they buy it, mark it up by double and then sell it to the end user....
  4. Rotor_Tool

Rotor_Tool LawnSite Senior Member

I am sort of in your area (Plainfield) and have a couple of solutions that will fit your requirements. ET Water was mentioned, this would work - but I would steer you toward Baseline as this can communicate via cell modem, can use both two-wire and conventional wire from the same controller (great for add-ons). The software resides on their computers and everything is done over the internet - you can be anywhere with an internet connection and monitor/manipulate the controllers.

PM for more information, I would be glad to help you out.