Upgrade to larger mower

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by Gjohnson, May 18, 2008.

1. Gjohnson

Gjohnson LawnSite Member
    from La.

I have a 19HP Kaw, 42" cut Mini-Z. My yard is about 1.5 acres of pretty much open cutting, not many trees to cut between. I would like to get a larger mower to get it cut quicker. I am considering the 25HP kaw 54" Super Duty or maybe the 19HP Kaw 52" Mini-Z. I like the idea of the 4 year warranty of the SD. I also like, of all things, the rubber discharge shute.
    Any advantage to one over the other?
    I have been quoted a price of $6,100 for the 25HP Kaw/54" Super Duty. I see the Mini-Z promo at $6,500
    What would be a fair asking price for my used 42" Mini-Z? It has 40 hours on it, has been garage kept and very well maintained.
    As a side note, my wife thinks I am crazy!!!
    Thanks

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

If the 19/42 has been working good for you the 25/54 SD will be fine, of course for the price difference you are getting a better mower in the 19/52, pumps and wheel motors, larger tires, of course it only comes with the 2 year warranty, tough choice.
    As far as selling price of your 19/42, you can buy them (actually a Super Duty) new for $5,300.00, not knowing how old yours is or knowing exactly what you paid for your mower, I would say 3500 to 4000.

Pj

3. Gjohnson

Gjohnson LawnSite Member
    from La.

I sold my Mini-Z 19/42 for 3800 and came home with a new 60" Fastrack SD. I mowed with it as soon as I got home. I was so used to seeing that "narrow" strip I was cutting with my 42 incher, I was totally amazed at the "swath" I was cutting, "60 BIG ONES". More time on the back porch sipping on a cool one!! I paid $6400, which I thought was a good deal.
    Later,
    G

4. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Very nice !!!
    Congrats !!
    :drinkup::drinkup::drinkup: