Lawn Care Forum banner

Upgraded shocks

5K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  cpllawncare 
#1 ·
I'm adding a mower next year and want to upgrade the rear shocks on my 05 F-150 I'm told go with rancho's any particular ones? it has factory shocks on there now.

#6 ·
Go with bilsteins. My 2011 f 250 came with ranchos that I threw in the trash, they were that bad.
Posted via Mobile Device
The silver Bilsteins are very good units.

#7 ·
not sure what a new mower has to do with shocks.... but anyways,
ive seen many use bilsteins and have a nice long life outa them,

think for rancho ive liked the rs9000 best
The new mower will be adding weight, I just want to stiffen the rear a tad, I know it's mostly a spring issue but I thought some better shocks would help a little bit anyway. I guess I need to find out what's on there now factory wise. If there rancho's I don't want to go back to them.

#8 ·
The new mower will be adding weight, I just want to stiffen the rear a tad, I know it's mostly a spring issue but I thought some better shocks would help a little bit anyway. I guess I need to find out what's on there now factory wise. If there rancho's I don't want to go back to them.
You need a helper spring or add a leaf an new shocks. Any parts store heavy duty shock will be an improvement to a factory for shock.
Posted via Mobile Device

#10 ·
You need some PacBrake airbags. I put them on my 06' Ram 2500 and my 09' Ram 3500. With airbags you can alter the psi to control the weight you need to support. Empty you can drop the PSI to 5-10 and still have a smooth ride. Mass Diesel had the best price when I bought mine.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.