1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Upgrades for a ZTR?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Vibe Ray, Feb 8, 2001.

1. Vibe Ray

Vibe Ray LawnSite Senior Member

Are there any upgrades I can get for my Exmark Lazer HP 44" 19 HP Kawisaki. I'm talkin' about ANY kinda upgrades! What can you guys think of?
  2. Sammy

Sammy LawnSite Bronze Member

Minie cooler for your drink.
  3. HOMER

HOMER LawnSite Gold Member

Ya, upgrade to a Chopper!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ha ha

hee hee

Put that 44 inside a 60 ro 72

Ah nevermind, might get something started.
  4. tpirobert

tpirobert LawnSite Member

Vibe Ray,

I bought a pull behind aerator for my Toro Z last fall. Worked great on large areas and saved my old bones from my Ryan walkbehind aerator. I hope to purchase a spreader and spray unit this coming spring. I have a Peco bag unit for my Z that also works great. Just depends on what uour needs are...but I think mutiple use versatility is the way to save and make money. Don't kill your back now, you'll kick yourself later.
  5. lawnguy ny

lawnguy ny LawnSite Member

tell me more about a pull behind aerator. i have a great dane how does it turn wit the aerator on?
  6. tpirobert

tpirobert LawnSite Member

The pull-behind aerator has a split shaft so one side can turn faster or slower than the other. You have to turn more like a tractor when pulling anything with your Z. Wider turns and just like backing up trailer behind truck. It's obviously not for small areas, but if you can mow it you can tow it. If you do a search on aerators this subject should come up. I bought mine after researching here at Lawnsite last summer/fall. My unit cost around $200 and is definitly not the beefiest. But, it will make me a lot of money well before it wears out and save time.
  7. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

lawnguy ny
    If you want a better grade of pull behind aerator, check out the Lesco/Classen. It is a split shaft axle too, but is built very heavy duty and puts over twice as many holes per sq. ft. as a cheaper model will. I have some pictures of one on my equipment page if you want to see it. It is on a 3 pt. hitch in the picture, but it comes with a tongue to tow it also. It is $1299.00