Upgrading Trailer Decisions, What Do You Use ...cc

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by arborist-28, Dec 3, 2004.

1. arborist-28

arborist-28 LawnSite Member

I'm looking to purchase a new trailer for my lawn care business and am having trouble deciding which trailer I should get. I want to get an enclosed trailer that I can easily fit all my maintenance equipment, blowers, weed eaters, edgers, hand tools into etc...with ease and both my machines. I have a 36 inch walk behind and a 60 inch zero turn both Exmarks. I want to keep them out of the weather and decided by leaving them in an enclosed trailer it would save me having to load and unload them day and night.

What I've been researching so far are; Haulmark and United Express enclosed trailers 14' and 16' by 7' or 8.5'. What I would like to know is what type of trailer do you use and how do you like them, does anyone with this type of set up have one of these enclosed trailers and if so what do they think about them ? Are they worth the investment, how do they pull for you and would you recommend them to others or not ? I also am undecided on width and length so any suggestions there would be greatly appreciated as well. So, tell me what type of trailers are doing the job for you ?

Thanks for taking the time to respond to my questions, Any comment on this will be greatly appreciated.

CC ...

2. Flex-Deck

Flex-Deck LawnSite Silver Member

I just had a trailer custom built that has two side load ramps and a back ramp-when mowing we can pull both the 9 1/2 foot mower and the 6 1/2 foot mower on sideways without having to get in each others way -When blowing snow or fertilizing etc when the tractor and attachments are longer than 8 foot, I can pull onto the back ramp. Will have pics in the future if I can figure out how to get them on this site. Thanks Brad

3. naturescaretaker

naturescaretaker LawnSite Senior Member

We have:

3 - Open landscape trailers 7X16

2 - Wells Cargo Enclosed 8.5 X 20 (5,000 lb axles)

1 - 8X14 EZ Dump

1 - 8X20 Flatbed w/ 7,000lb axles

1 - 8.5X30 20 ton goose neck