Upper Level Lighting

Discussion in 'Landscape Lighting' started by Richie@, May 23, 2011.

1. Richie@

Richie@ LawnSite Member

Hello Folks,

Have any of you used that Mini Flood Light from volt for upper levels or gutter mount.

Richie

2. The Lighting Geek

The Lighting Geek LawnSite Senior Member

I use them all the time to light second story targets, ie: gables. I use my own mount and an LED lamp.

3. Richie@

Richie@ LawnSite Member

The one in the video looks like a sporty looking fixture.
    Tommy is the mount something you made yourself or a purchased item.

Thanks

4. The Lighting Geek

The Lighting Geek LawnSite Senior Member

it really depends on the situation. I have used gutter mounts and others we fabricated for the specific job. Gutter mounts would probably be best for most common applications.

5. Mark B

Mark B LawnSite Bronze Member

Are you mounting them to the side of the gutter, so the fixture is hanging off the side of the gutter? Also would post a picture of it? I just did a job doing the same thing, with a different name fixture. Thanks.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. Richie@

Richie@ LawnSite Member

Anyone care to recommend a supplier of a descent Gutter Mount Bracket.

Thanks

Richie

7. Alan B

Alan B Sponsor

We are working on a bracket for gutters and would love input and advice. Contractor input will be incorporated into the design.

We are also working on a new classification of fixtures specifically for roof lines (low profile, color matched to trim and gutters and roofs).

Sincerely,

8. Mark B

I used the unique gutter mount. But in my case I would like something simple. The finish matched the fixture, but not the gutter. The most important part is the customer was real happy. One this job I did somethings that I would normally not do. I will get some pics..
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. Mark B

I did get 2 fixtures from Landscape lighting world that I was happy with.
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. David Gretzmier

David Gretzmier LawnSite Gold Member

I have welded several gutter mounts together, but my latest gutter mount method is very simple and easy- 1/2" thick cypress, boards are 4" wide and we cut them to fit whatever gutter we are working on. cedar would also work here. I use a 3 1/2" hole bronze plate cover with 1/2" stainless screws so the fixture just threads in the middle opening with plugs in the other 2. I have also used the two outer holes when I have done a double fixture, but kinda tricky. the 1/2" wood fits nicely in the front lip of most gutters, and if cut properly clicks into place in the back, and we add a screw or two for support in the back.

while this may sound complicated, it is relatively cheap, works well, and once you've done a few you can do these in 10 minutes or less.