Upselling New Customers

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by DMAN, Jan 27, 2006.

1. DMAN

DMAN LawnSite Member

I acquired 25 new mowing customers from a lco last spring and most of them were on a seasonal pre-pay application program with another company. I am licensed for pesticide applications and wish to provide them my program this spring. I know I have to act quickly in order to obtain a shot at these services for myself as I noticed alot of companies are signing people up way before the weather breaks. These customers were very satisfied with the mowing work we provided last season. What would be the best way for me to approach this situation? Do I offer a discount or do I ask them what they are currently paying and go from there? Any thoughts would be appreciated.

2. Az Gardener

Az Gardener LawnSite Gold Member

I would put out a one time newsletter, maybe introduce yourself, a small bio about your experience, if you have a family/kids mention them. A picture is good too. Give them a little education, the different services you offer and costs if you have a set price. Let them know you are looking foreword to the new season and that you are going to be productively managing their properties. People buy from people they like, if they like you, you should have no problem selling add on services. If you don't get any calls in a week or so you might consider a follow-up phone call to be sure they got the newsletter. Make sure they get you not an answering machine during business hours. If the clients are elderly make the print bigger a 12-14 font, also easy on the education and heavy on why they should like you. If you cant fill a whole page one side put in more pictures. Your family, before and after pictures, your rig and crew.

3. Az Gardener

Az Gardener LawnSite Gold Member

I would put out a one time newsletter, maybe introduce yourself, a small bio about your experience, if you have a family/kids mention them. A picture is good too. Give them a little education, the different services you offer and costs if you have a set price. Let them know you are looking foreword to the new season and that you are going to be proactively managing their properties. People buy from people they like, if they like you, you should have no problem selling add on services. If you don't get any calls in a week or so you might consider a follow-up phone call to be sure they got the newsletter. Make sure they get you not an answering machine during business hours. If the clients are elderly make the print bigger a 12-14 font, also easy on the education and heavy on why they should like you. If you cant fill a whole page one side put in more pictures. Your family, before and after pictures, your rig and crew.