Upside Down Gators

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by kutnkru, Apr 5, 2001.

1. kutnkru

kutnkru LawnSite Silver Member

I was just curious with all this talk about fluffing and such that if we turn the ne Hi-Lift Gator Blades upside down would they act like a Power Rake and give us a broader (48-60) spectrum for dethatching Lawns. LOL

Let me know what you think.

2. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

You need to get mowing something, that's what I think!
  3. David Gretzmier

David Gretzmier LawnSite Gold Member

many moons ago i remember getting a dethatching "blade" for my craftsman push mower. it did look like an upside down gator and did dethatch and throw stuff everywhere. it had some sort of springs that pointed down and you had to go back over it when you were done w/ bagger and bagger blade. dave g
  4. kutnkru

kutnkru LawnSite Silver Member

I was able to suqeak out a Power raking yesterday for an elderly lady whom has her grandson do her lawn for her.

I told her it was still a lil bit too soggy for the heaviy deck mowers.

I told her we would come back next week and cut it for her.

I almsot forgot about those. I will have to check deep into the darkest dankest corners of our equipment barn and see if I cannot find my old blade like that.

LOL- one of those things you forget you have until somebody says "Hey, you ever see one of those ..." and then you dig it out.

5. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

I remember the first time I tried using one of those spring loaded Craftsman dethatchers. I didnt really have the hang of it, (nor did I ever) and had her set a little low. All I'll say is that it was a nice 22" circle. It was the first time I ever heard grass roots cry.;)

I'll stick with my Walker.
  6. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

YOU MIGHT HAVE SOMETHING. probably not but who knows