Upside Down Offset Blades

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by John Gamba, Aug 19, 2002.

1. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Hello terry Or dustin

Will exmark conceder Making and Upside Down offset Blade So when i Run Doubles On the Lazer It Will Have the same Cutting height Or the blades will Cut on the Same height.

And there won't be any blow out With Both blades Up in the deck.

Thank you Johnny G.

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Johnny G.,

Thanks for the suggestion. I bounced this off of the engineering dudes and the theory makes sense. We've done some similar testing at one time but nothing substantial enough to tell us much of anything.

The answer they gave me was that in order to invest the money needed for tooling they would need to test the concept more thoroughly with several different versions. That would take time and with the introduction of the 2003 product coming up in a few months I'm not sure when it would be put on the list. The other thing we need to consider is safety. As you know we try to be very safety conscious and we would not release anything for a customer to try or test without running it through our engineering team, safety committee or the ANSI specifications.

Thanks

Terry

3. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Well Terry It's Better Then a NO. I'm trying Something Will Know Soon.
    Johnny G.

4. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

I realize that this is a few days old, but here's another suggestion.

Make the deck skirt another 1/4" lower all the way around (Make it 5 3/4" deep). Just make the deck reinforcement ring thicker.

Now incorporate a 1/4" spacer/washer under the spindle from the factory (much like....Gulp...DC does). This way, if we want to add doubles, we can just remove that spacer, install the double blade, and still have the bottom blade at the OEM height.

Now if someone would make a positive offset blade that would allow a double blade setup to cut with all 4 blade tips cutting at the same height (ie: 1/4" offset).