Upside Down

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by wooley99, Aug 15, 2007.

1. wooley99

wooley99 LawnSite Senior Member

(First off, no I didn't have the camera in the truck today but I sure wish I did)

I'm mowing the entryway of a condo this afternoon. It's the last thing I have to do before blowing everything off and going home. Then I slip a rear tire from the walk-behind off the turf and over the edge of the ditch. If I'd stopped and called my buddies for help then I wouldn't have had to call them for upside down about 30 minutes later but I'm determined to get the damn thing out. Twist, turn, push, lift, etc. Now both rear wheels are over the edge and things are not improving. One last try while still standing in knee deep ick will do it right?

$30 for fluids, filters, plugs, etc. $40 for beer and we're good again:drinkup:

At least this happened on a major thoroughfare at 4pm and my truck was not only blocking the condo entrance but pissing tons of people off too.

There's no such thing as bad publicity right?

At least I chase it instead of sitting on it in this case.

2. Americal Vet

Americal Vet LawnSite Senior Member

I hate it when that happens:laugh: Sounds like you had one hell of a day.

3. stevenf

stevenf LawnSite Bronze Member

I was using my rider around a pond a while back. The grass was tall and I ran over a small hole. When the back wheel went in the hole and the mower was still engaged to move forward,so it slid the back end of the mower about a ft into the pond. After trying everything possible, I had to take the chance on rivoting the yard and pulling it out with my truck.
    10 minutes later It happened again on the other side of the pond lol. Worst day ever!!!

4. fiveoboy01

fiveoboy01 LawnSite Silver Member

I was cutting a property saturday, working my way around a large shrub and a power pole.

4 feet away was a very steep ditch.

Caught my hand on the shrub, tore one of my hands off the ECS lever. Mower is in 5th gear and it's starting to spin around on me, so rather than try to save it by grabbing the lever, I let go of the whole mower. I would like to keep both my feet...

Of course, it goes straight for the steep hill.

Luckily, I have the safety functions working, and it died. Coasted yes, but not far down the hill because it got stopped by the road right of way sign.