Urban Legend

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by nfarr, Jun 23, 2006.

1. nfarr

nfarr LawnSite Member

I was begining to think the stories of lowballers had taken on urban legend proportions until today. I pulled a flyer off one of my customers mailbox. Up to 1/2 acre $14.00 a cut or from 1/2 acre up to 1 acre $25.00 Of course if you want it bagged, it will cost an additional $30.00

2. Jordan River

Jordan River LawnSite Member

Give the flyer to the postmaster. He/She will put the fear into whoever left that flyer on a mailbox!

3. CutInEdge Lawn Care

CutInEdge Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

I bet the guy that left it is a Postal Worker. He'll throw all your mail away but make darn sure that flier gets hung. :)

4. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

I keep flyers like that, then when I get that phone call where all seems well and I end up taking a drive to give the estimate just to find out the customer wants the work done about 70% off, I hand them the flyer and problem fixed.

See this thread for further information:
    http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=151024

5. Brendan Smith

Brendan Smith LawnSite Bronze Member

that is funny, yet at the same time, a good idea. i'll have to remember it.

6. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Yeah man, it relieves my stress while it connects the right customer with the right Lco, everybody wins.
    It's hard to remember to do it sometimes, but even just once in a while it greatly relieves my frustration with the lowballing issue.

p.s.: I done laughed soooo hard man, and even much later I still laugh just thinking about it, if I do it once / year that's usually enough.

7. DJL50

DJL50 LawnSite Senior Member

No problem with placing flyers "on" the mail box. Only a problem with placing them "in" the box

8. crawdad

crawdad LawnSite Bronze Member

Wrong!
    "on" the mailbox is illegal too.

9. wmsland

wmsland LawnSite Member
    from NE OHIO

Then I would assume that taking them off the mailbox illegal too ?

10. TNT Lawncare

TNT Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

Actually my father was a mail man for 20 years and just retired. You can put anything you want on the outside of a mailbox. Nothing inside unless it is stamped and the stamp is canceled by the post office.