urgent blower vac question

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Rollacosta, Sep 28, 2004.

1. Rollacosta

Rollacosta LawnSite Senior Member

hi guys just been down to my local mega DIY store and have seen a range of petrol power tools ie chainsaws,hedge cutters ,strimmers ,blow/vacs sold under the name 'Propower' there a greeny blue colour..probably sold under a differant name in the states..but what took my eye was a 24 cc blower vac sucks and blows out of one tube also comes with mulching blades and the most important thing this machine has 3 year guarantee for domestic users hell whos to know im going to use it proffesionaly ,this machine is £120 cheaper than a stihl hand held what do you guys reckon go for it buy one or keep well clear???i personaly i think its a cheap chinese thing but who cares not me..thanks for any replies :)..i urgently need your proffesional opinions on this subject as they only have a few left

2. geogunn

geogunn LawnSite Gold Member
    from TN

sir--I have had one of those as a homeowner (crapsman, not propower) and the vac feature was useless to me. it was awkward and dealing with the bag was a PITA.

for my needs, I would go blower only and the sthil is a gerat name. good luck!

GEO

3. Rollacosta

Rollacosta LawnSite Senior Member

thanks geogun you may be correct but the 3 year warrenty tooks pretty good.also the huge saveing compared to a stihl ..then again you don't get anything in this world for free

4. lazer 46

lazer 46 LawnSite Senior Member

I bought a Echo blower vac a couple years ago. I thought it would work great sucking leaves out of flower beds and mulching them up. It works on leaves but the small twigs and debris in the flower bed kept plugging it up. And I bought the most powerful one Echo makes. So it sits in my basement and has about 20 minutes of use on it. Waste of money.