Urn

Discussion in 'Water Features' started by jbailey52, Apr 6, 2007.

1. jbailey52

jbailey52 LawnSite Bronze Member

Im looking to get a nice 3-4' urn to make into a dissapearing water fountain... Can someone direct me where I can get a nice one? Ive been looking... cant find anything. thansk

2. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

If you just need one or two, your best bet might be to look at local mom & pop retail nurseries/garden centers. I've seen some decent looking stuff at some of these types of places.

3. jbailey52

Ive been looking, but most are smaller planters.. not wide urns with narrow tops

4. Keith

Where are you located?

5. jbailey52

South jersey, suburbs of philly

6. packer101

packer101 LawnSite Member

find a garden center that deals with Ideal or marserelies both are large suppliers or stone and concrete things like that

7. Keith

I had a difficult time finding anything when I first started looking. I found larger stuff that I did not really like, and ones that I really liked but were too small. I have found a couple sources for Mexican stuff locally, that happens to be closer in size and shape to what I was looking for. So, I ended up using a piece of Mexican pottery, a grape jug, for my first fountain. I sealed the inside of it with water-based asphalt emulsion. If it does not work out, I'll find something glazed down the road.