1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

US heat map

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by FIMCO-MEISTER, Jul 20, 2011.

1. I'm in cool blue. I feel for my Texas brethren. Been there and did that since I was 16.

2. jlouki01

jlouki01 LawnSite Senior Member

Heat index of 110 today here in Ohio. You can see the air:)

Figures we are working on the largest system we have done all year.
  3. Stuttering Stan

Stuttering Stan LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm breaking a sweat just looking at Texas.
    It's upper 90's here. I worked till noon and said screw it.
  4. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

I ***** about living in #1 since it's the wettest, coldest summer I can remember, but compared to what you guys are going through, I'll take it.
  5. Ya know looking at big red Texas makes a man proud. What a big interesting state of mind.
  6. Without A Drought

Without A Drought LawnSite Bronze Member

i feel sorry for you texans, but i imagine you're used to it. NJ is gonna be nutso over the weekend. Everything is cooking here. all of my sites need adjustments, i had a well pump go down yesterday, and planting division decided to do a S-load of replacements last week.

im very happy to be busy, but i'm ready for blowouts. and by blowouts, i mean i'm ready for snow season.

7. Sprinkus

Sprinkus LawnSite Silver Member

This is the time of year we pay for no snow or ice and moderate temperatures during the winter, along with raking in tons of dough trying to keep everyone's plant material alive.
  8. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

Time to kick back and let an answering machine go to work. :)
  9. mitchgo

mitchgo LawnSite Silver Member

Someone calculated it out.. This summer so far in seattle we have had 74 mintues of temps being higher then 80 degree's total.

Yeah yesterdays high in seattle was like 64

today was closer to 70

May be 80 by monday!!
  10. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

Ok that's it, I'm moving to Seattle. :)
    Actually, the GF has been looking at Seattle, and other places, for more education.