US heat map

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by FIMCO-MEISTER, Jul 20, 2011.

1. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

I think I was smarter then than later on. A few years back, on a grindstone-meets-nose sort of day, I bailed to a diner and spent a half hour draining large glasses of water, brought to me two at a time by a bewildered waitress, whom I couldn't convince to just leave the pitcher.

2. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes LawnSite Fanatic

You sure? '88 was way hotter than this year, at least in MI and so far. Something like 37 days of 90 or better.

3. Wet_Boots

Interesting how some of the years were hot all over. I remember '88 having folks beginning to wonder about global warming, and some wineries in NW Jersey had some quality stuff of that vintage, which meant they got extended heat, for their grapes to properly ripen.

4. irritation

irritation LawnSite Gold Member

5. monoshock

monoshock LawnSite Bronze Member

6. irritation

I wonder why they didn't worry about global warming in 1941?

7. Wet_Boots

I think they had other concerns and far less polluters (human beings) on the scene

8. irritation

I agree with more important concerns but we had factories everywhere with foundries pumping that crap in the air. Everything was made in the USA and jobs for everybody.

9. rlpsystems

rlpsystems LawnSite Senior Member

hey op.......... its hot........its summer.......

10. Wet_Boots

the DQ slush drink memory made me think of some obscure drive-in ice cream place called Twin Kiss, of which there are a few throughout the mid-atlantic states - what I vividly recall having was a sort of snowcone, but made with ice flakes that gave it a weird mouthfeel, with the ice having sharp 'stabbing' edges that would melt away.