US heat map

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by FIMCO-MEISTER, Jul 20, 2011.

1. rlpsystems

rlpsystems LawnSite Senior Member

yo boots...... to much information......next you'll tell us about toro controllers..........

2. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

if you'd had one of these snowcones, you'd recall it down through the succeeding years - Wikipedia calls it "scale ice" - as made by special machines.

3. irritation

irritation LawnSite Gold Member

A hydraulic Toro Custom with 602 heads was top of the line when I started the biz. Rainbird had next to nothing for the residential market.

4. Without A Drought

Without A Drought LawnSite Senior Member

but i thought it's a "dry heat".

5. Wet_Boots

What about the fabulous RB "Pop-Away" brass impact? :p

Scale ice - it isn't just for flakes anymore....

[​IMG]

6. irritation

I think they had the 15111A but it needed more pressure than most residentials could provide. The clock they had at the time would take up a whole wall in the garage.

7. Wet_Boots

Popup impacts and pressure was a real problem. I remember systems of Buckner popup impacts that needed one head pulled up and seated before the zone would come to life. Rainbird had a special retrofit valve for that occasion. It would stay closed until the pressure hit about 40 psi, and then it would open wide, with a low pressure loss, so the last impact would pop up and spray like it was all brand new.

Of course, instead of installing any specialty valve, one could alway try to rework a zone and make one of the impacts into a riser mount. (cheep cheep)

8. Still have the El Camino? If you don't I bet you wish you did.

9. irritation

Yep, I remember zones of old toro 570's that leaked like crazy around the seal before they sealed. Pull one up and the zone comes to life. Replace one or two and all is fine.

10. irritation

It makes me sick to think about it. I saw one go for 75,000 on Barrett-Jackson.
    Mine was all original.... factory air, am/fm, muncie rockcrusher.:hammerhead: