1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

US LAWNS called yesterday

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by J&R, Jul 15, 2003.

1. J&R

J&R LawnSite Senior Member

They called me this is my reply, You took over the banks in Chattanooga June 1 they have went form my work of A++++ to F-------------------------------------. Dont call me ever again. my work will be better than yours any day.
  2. OK:rolleyes: I bet they are paying half too....

They have 2 trucks rolling around here and they compete right against TG landcare. I never seen people loose money to get jobs like that before.
  3. crazygator

crazygator LawnSite Bronze Member

And just what were they trying to prove with a call like that?

Sounds like you touched a nerve....hahaha!
  4. greenman

greenman LawnSite Addict

J&R, but what was there reason for calling you?
  5. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Who is US LAWNS and why are they taking over all the banks in Chattanooga on June 1 ?

Am I missing something?

Part of another story?

Are they a big company or something?

Please Clarify
  6. J&R

J&R LawnSite Senior Member

US Lawns is a fran. out of FL. they want lawn co to pay 29,000.00 for a fran then change your name to us lawns and pay % of your gross sales to them. also i told Us lawns if you were as known as Micky Ds or IBM i will talk to them.
  7. MacLawnCo

MacLawnCo LawnSite Bronze Member

Isnt that rediculous? I about cried laughing when i saw an article telling about an established lco here that bought into the US Lawns franchise. Talk about a rip off.
  8. 1grnlwn

1grnlwn LawnSite Bronze Member

Well we have one here. They are big time! Big fancy enclosed trailer and big freekin decals. They tout some fancy paper work that improves quality. They overbid me by $50 a week on a 275/week job and got the job for a Hom own --- . Then they waited till time for first cut and said they were too busy. I guess there are some chinks in that franchise armor. The --- gave me a chance to re bid so I split the diff. OK job.