US Lawns Franchise?

Discussion in 'Franchising' started by BBallkid42, Sep 14, 2011.

1. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

Nothing like having your franchiser being your direct competition is there now?
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. Frontier-Lawn

Frontier-Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

Valley Crest = Solely Commercial Clients

Us Lawns = Solely Residential Clients

3. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

They have a US Lawns outfit around here tht does only commercial properties
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. sweetjetskier

sweetjetskier LawnSite Senior Member

The US Lawns guys in my area only do commercial maintenance.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

Nothing in the franchise agreement limits you to one or the other. You are assigned a geographical area. Nothing is off limits including municpal ROW's.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. LawnGuy73

LawnGuy73 LawnSite Bronze Member

Thats not true, not in the least bit....:rolleyes:

7. Kelly's Landscaping

Kelly's Landscaping LawnSite Platinum Member

All depends what kind of person you are some people have all the tools to be middle management but lack a few key traits that mean the difference of being a successful business owner or one that fails. For those people who want to be led yet wish some management of a business the franchise is the way to go for them. Personally if I was going to do a franchise it would be a Ruth's Chris Steak House but you need a min of a million liquid for that.

Now if you don't like authority of any kind and hate being told what to do this option sucks.

8. cod8825

cod8825 LawnSite Senior Member

I work for a us lawns franchise here in kc I was with the company before the purchase for us it was the best thing the company could do. It is not for everyone but they help with systems, training, dot compliance, and most importantly how to figure out what your actually cost of doing business and how to bid. COmmercially we added more business last year than we ever have in the previous eight years. Is it for everybody absolutely not but is it for some yes it was for our company. For the first time I can actually see us growing to
    a multi million dollar business instead of 500K or so.

9. smallstripesnc

smallstripesnc LawnSite Senior Member

I bought a leaf truck loader from a guy who owned the US lawns franchise in Roanoke, VA. It was freezing cold and I drove a few hours to get a good deal on the leaf loader so we didn't talk too long but he was very successful. He said US Lawns is going to all commercial accounts and pulling away from the residential side of the business.

10. vanncann

vanncann LawnSite Senior Member

Do they do a background investigation on purchaser??? The last one they had here was a convicted child molester and they pulled the franchise from...