US Lawns

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by livingreen1, Dec 12, 2007.

1. livingreen1

livingreen1 LawnSite Member

Anyone looked into US lawns franchise. We are considering buying one. Just curious if anyone has thought about it.
  2. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

My buddy works as a part time mechanic for a business that has a franchise. They get good deals on equipment and parts, along with other franchise support oppositions. They also have to pay a good % of gross as franchise fee.

DISTURBEDSMR LawnSite Member

I Don't see the benefit to the name US Lawn they are based here in Orlando, you would be better off buying an existing business from someone retiring and no franchise fees.
  4. bamacutter

bamacutter LawnSite Member

yea i use to work at a us lawns and never heard good things from my boss at the branch i was at.
  5. Dunn's

Dunn's LawnSite Bronze Member

Sorry to thread steal. But it's funny how they call themselves US Lawns. But I have never seen an American employed by them ever.
  6. Big Bad Bob

Big Bad Bob LawnSite Bronze Member
    from zone 5

Do a search using "US Lawns" as the text. Lots of rumble about this topic.
  7. Big Bad Bob

Big Bad Bob LawnSite Bronze Member
    from zone 5

How do you know if they're American??? :confused:
  8. shane mapes

shane mapes LawnSite Senior Member

i looked into it last year ..if you have a current company they want you to cut ties with your current customers and company.. also you do what they want and the what they want...for what i saw it is a lot of $$$ as well.
  9. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

I don't see the point.

Nobody cares who US lawns is any more than they care who the other big operations are.

Scotts Lawn Care is the only one with any brand recognition.
    But I turned down their offers too...
  10. Mike Blevins

Mike Blevins LawnSite Bronze Member

There is a U S Lawns franchise here. I see them all the time on my route mowing just a few yards down from mine. I am not impressed with them very much. They do have alot of nice equipment. They were eating at a local restaurant the other day and had 3 isuzu quad cabs with 6 Turf Tigers 4 Scag walk-behinds and 4 ebz 8000s and alot of small equipment. There were 11 guys with them and none were mexicans beleive it or not. I have talked to a couple big landscape companies lately and they are cracking down on the illegals in this area.