us maint

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by therainman, Mar 24, 2004.

1. therainman

therainman LawnSite Member
    from IL

anyone heard of or dealt with this company.
    U.S. Maintenance

was contacted to bid a property.
    They told me measure and we will tell u what u will get.

Thanks in advance

Shawn

2. landscapingpoolguy

landscapingpoolguy LawnSite Senior Member

stay away from them they controll all of teh pricing and basically u work for them

Chuck

3. therainman

from IL

that is what i thought.. they only want sq. footage. not qqoute. will pay me a "fair market price" ok what ever...

do they pay that is the question???

I can handle getting them to pay my price or i dont work, that is that.

thanks for reply

shawn

4. BRIMOW525

BRIMOW525 LawnSite Member

Yea they want you to measure it so they don't have to waste time or money to do it themselves. They have called me for snow removal before and their "fair market prices" are ridiculously low. I would stay away if I was you. I have never heard any good things from that company. Just ask some of the guys that have done snow removal for the company. No one should ask you for a bid and then tell you want to charge or what your gonna get paid.

5. therainman

from IL

thank u have not taken time to measure yet...
    they have called 3 days in a row now i keep telling them i am busy till thursday. 100 acre bid meeting today much mre important

6. BRIMOW525

Just ask them what they think its worth. They already know what they are willing to pay even without you measureing. See if they will tell you so them you can laugh in their face and tell them what a joke they are.

7. therainman

from IL

only worried about money.. i know how to handle teh bid process.... DO THEY PAY THEIR BILLS????

Shawn

8. BRIMOW525

I wish I knew that. I think they do, BUT in the contract they sent me I had to sign a waiver that said something to the effect that if the company didn't pay US then they couldn't pay me and I couldn't sue either party to get the money owed. After I read that I said hell nah! But their prices are so low its not worth doing. Now maybe its different with grounds maintenance work I don't know. I'm just saying my experience with snow removal bids.

9. ksland

ksland LawnSite Senior Member

I hang up the phone on them every year.

10. therainman

from IL

just brinhing this back to the top... up to 9 calls now 3 faxes. some progress with contract money was act. pretty close to what i would bid at.

looking for anyone who has actually delt with them.
    thank u again.