1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

US Maintenance pay cut

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by chrisbolte, May 21, 2007.

1. chrisbolte

chrisbolte LawnSite Member

I know that most of you hate US Maintenance because they are a big company, they take a cut of the money you would make, and their time it takes to be paid. I have been doing work for them for the past three years and have been pretty happy with doing work for them. The reasons I don't mind working for them are: they do all the sales work for me, they handle most of the customer service, and I know I am going to get paid.

I know many people have said the pay is very low. I would disagree. Some job pay is to low which I do not accept their offer. But many jobs are average for our area.

I just received a certified letter saying the are taking a 4% pay cut on all jobs. I was wondering if anyone else has received that letter? Is this for all stores they service? Is this for all parts of the country?

Overall I have had a good experience with the national companies. Please give any tips you have with working with them and gaining new business.

2. ncls

ncls LawnSite Senior Member

i do two Best Buy stores, one Boaters World, and one Studio 6 for them, also 2 Wal-Mart outparcels. We sign an agreement at the beginning of the year. It spells out the monthly amounts they will pay. They will not be reducing those by any amount. We had an agreed on price at the beginning.
  3. chrisbolte

chrisbolte LawnSite Member

That is what is surprising me. I had snow contracts that paid December thru May. They took the discount off the May payments. Those contracts were signed in September 2006. I had other contracts signed in March of 2007 that will be effected. The certified letter said all contacts when being paid will have a 4% discount taken.
  4. scholzee

scholzee LawnSite Member
    from NY

That's fine just cut 96% of the grass.
  5. IA_James

IA_James LawnSite Silver Member
    from Iowa

Sounds like there might be something in the fine print on the contracts they've got people signing. Better be anyway, or they'll be defending themselves against a class action suit to get that money.
  6. lawnspecialties

lawnspecialties LawnSite Silver Member

I like that! :laugh:
  7. KTO Enterprises

KTO Enterprises LawnSite Bronze Member

I live in Beaufort Sc so i hope im not stepping on any toes here, but how do I get in with this US maintenance company?
  8. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida