us maintenance

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by richard1103, Mar 28, 2008.

1. richard1103

richard1103 LawnSite Member

any body do work for usm or other out source companys

2. Whites Lawn Care

Whites Lawn Care LawnSite Member

I got a call from them they offered me several banks in my area. 185 a month for a full service contract spring clean, fall clean, fert, mow,irrigation startup and shut down and frankly I wouldn't have touched atleast one of them for under 700 a month. just my 2 cents worth.:hammerhead:

3. ffemt1271

ffemt1271 LawnSite Bronze Member

i think i got a call from them, they do the same thing that field assets does, run like h@#$. they suck, demand too much , and set thier own price, require before and after pics, and if they THINK you did a good job they will pay you

4. ncls

ncls LawnSite Senior Member

I do 2 Best Buys and a BoatersWorld, on the lawn side, and both Best Buys and a Studio 6 Motel on the snow side. The paperwork can be a pain in the azz, and calling in all the time, but they pay 37 days after the invoice date. If the check is late, just call the rep. I've had to call the supervisior once in three years. Snow wise, the check is in the mailbox on time.

They did screw us by withholding 4% of an already agreed upon contracts.
    But they were recently bought out by another company.

When they give you a price, it is negotiable.

If you're one of those contractors who thinks they do the best work, and everyone should pay you top dollar to get you on the property, this company is not for you. Actually, no maintenance company is for you.

5. ncls

Oh, yeah. If you have to drive by the property they want you to service, to get to a customer, you are already way ahead.

6. PTSolutions

PTSolutions LawnSite Silver Member
    from OH

huh, ncls, i know your company. do you do work exclusively through those types of outsource companies?

7. ncls

No, not at all. Got a mix of residentials, commercial, and government bid work. I wouldn't recommend doing too much of your work through companies like this. These companies can and do go into bankruptcy.

8. Atlantic Lawn

Atlantic Lawn LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Outer Banks NC

Got a call from them a few years back, I told them what we could cut it for and somebody else ended up with the work. They got what they paid for too.

9. richard1103

richard1103 LawnSite Member

i do not like parasites . 8 locations they wanted to pay 1875 per months 4 %
    after first 10k i told them no they went up 1000 on total for year

10. Scagguy

Scagguy LawnSite Bronze Member

We did some work for US Lawns. Had a really bad experience with them. They want to think that they own you. Everything with those guys is a fire drill. Drop whatever your doing and go take care of some minor problem. They pay 90-115 days late. I told them up front that late payments are my hot button. They were dropped the first of this month after holding Decembers check.