1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

US Maintence?? any body ever heard of it?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Brianj, Jan 9, 2005.

1. Brianj

Brianj LawnSite Member

i was asked by friend in the business to help him bid on some banks in our area.. it is 30 Wachovia banks.. But you are subbing out from a Company called US Maintence? Does anyone have any expereince working with this company? Do they pay on time? looks like a lot hoops to jump through to get the contract. but is alot of work and a chance to make some good money..
  2. stumper1620

stumper1620 LawnSite Bronze Member

do a general search on here & on plowsite, there is so much bad about them that i would'nt even give them time to talk to me, lier's, cheaters, no payers
    and so much more, i guess that sum's them up pretty well, oh ya lowballers
    too. stay away, run as fast as you can, don't talk to them, run away
    i guarantee this will be followed up with dozens of post that are generally the same response.
  3. ksland

ksland LawnSite Senior Member

What stumper said
  4. DennisF

DennisF LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

They make all the money. You do all the work. Avoid them like the plague!
  5. Brianj

Brianj LawnSite Member

i did a search on here and i could not find any info. i also did a search for on google and could not find. could anyone give any more info. sounds like i do need to run. my business is based on quality not wam bam thank u maam stuff. by no way am i a low baller. thanks for the input
  6. Lawnchoice

Lawnchoice LawnSite Senior Member

Are you confusing it with US Lawns?
  7. Brianj

Brianj LawnSite Member

no the fax says US Maintence NorrisTown, PA 19401.. i think us lawns is just franchise
  8. stumper1620

stumper1620 LawnSite Bronze Member

from what i've read, especially on plowsite, they have the ability to break a company with the crap they pull, i myself cannot afford a bad deal. so i;m taking the word of others and staying clear, i was trying to search and didn't find anything either, i don't know why, but just go to plowsite and scan the first five pages or so of post i'm sure you will find some post about them.
    my advice is listen to the guys that have dealt with them and steer clear.
    if it was just one or two guys i would figure it possibly is them but, i'm talking dozens and dozens of Senior members that have been round and round with this company, i'll see what i can find in the threads to post a few links for ya.
  9. smlavin

smlavin LawnSite Member

10. Brianj

Brianj LawnSite Member

thanks guys for in the input.. i have been in business 10 yrs have never heard of this company, their contract makes u responsible for every thing,even if a car runs over a sprinkler head it your responsiblity to fix at your cost any turf damage caused my insects has to fixed at your cost.. im not running im sprinting hard away from them, thanks guys