1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

USA ramps: how is to remove?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Shady Brook, Mar 9, 2007.

1. Shady Brook

Shady Brook LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indiana

My question is about how easy is it to remove the USA ramps designed to mount in a trailer hitch. I am looking at the 10 foot model with two units side by side. I want to know how hard it is to take on and off this unit? I also have a utility tractor at my disposal, but wonder if it is a royal pain to reinstall the gates? I am thinking it might be nice to mount on the back of a dump truck to do lawn applications, or some mowing, and then remove it to do landscapeing with the truck acting as a dump truck.
    Any thoughts?

How much abuse will these take? I don't want them to fail as I drive a Super Z up onto the deck. I also don't want to replace the gate, or be constantly fixing the gate due to it falling apart. I am not saying it will, but it seems every mesh gate I have owned goes bad in a short time.

Any thoughts would be great!
  2. green_mark

green_mark LawnSite Senior Member

Don't know how theirs is to take off.

Ours is simply remove 5 bolts and its off.
    Usually takes us about 2 minutes with an air wrench.
    Simply remove the two bolts when in the upright position
    then fold the ramp down and remove the other three and drive away.

3. bobbyg18

bobbyg18 LawnSite Member

has anyone used their trailer ramps to go up to a upper level only accessed by stairs?...i have a skid steer and an asphalt excavation job but im not sure if i can access the yard...its about 3-4 ft and was thinking from the trailer it would be about a 2 foot climb

i have never tried this and was wondering if anyone has?