Usa Ramps problem

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by troblandscape, Apr 11, 2007.

1. troblandscape

troblandscape Guest

I bought a box truck and just got the USA ramps after alot of research on ramps, everybody seemed to love them, so I bought them and put them on today. I was all happy and ready to drive my brand new toro rider up and:cry: got stuck,.... rear wheels a spinnin, the rear mower frame bottoms out on the road I had to get another guy to help me get unjammed, I felt like a total tool. I called usa ramps, and am waiting for a call back. Just really dissapointed.:confused:

2. razor1

razor1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Just curious, What's the ramp length and the truck height? Any pics available?

3. Eclipse

Eclipse LawnSite Bronze Member

What type of box truck did you put them on? Obviosuly you approach angle is too steep and I wondering if that is because the deck height of the truck is taller than what they designed the ramps around? Just a thought.

4. troblandscape

troblandscape Guest

ramps 10 ft. long hieght I have to measure for you here is a pic without the ramps, its a standard box truck

5. troblandscape

troblandscape Guest

Disregard my last post, The truck is a 99 Chevy as common of a box truck you can get. I bought two 10ft safe-t-ramps. I can get the mower up but I have to really angle it, and it is really awkward, some the I dont want to be dealing with 60 times a day. For 1350$ I was hoping that this would work for my app. as the pic on their website has my same set-up and mower. Here are pics of when it is about to bottom out so can see the pitch isn't right. It also scraps the heck out of the asphalt when I do angle it off. I am hoping someone else who has experience this can help me out, I still haven't heard from usa ramp.

box 015.jpg

box 017.jpg

box 019.jpg

6. Rizzo

Rizzo LawnSite Senior Member
    from Iowa

Can you back it in? Not what you wanted to hear probably for the money you spent. That sucks though...

7. HenryB

HenryB LawnSite Bronze Member

The rear bumper that is scraping can be cut and then weld a peice of steel straight across.

8. Rizzo

from Iowa

What are those two L shaped brackets for anyway? The frame member looks to be above that.

9. HenryB

HenryB LawnSite Bronze Member

They are to make you bottom out on the slightest incline. They also protect the mule belt pulley but it can and should be set much higher.

10. Rizzo

from Iowa

I guess I have similar brackets on my Everride but they are angled like you are suggesting for the Toro instead of L shaped...