? Use a pull type mower??????

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Tinkerer, Nov 3, 2007.

1. Tinkerer

Tinkerer LawnSite Senior Member

I ask this now and then. How many of you use a pull type mower like the Acre Ease, Swisher, Bushhog, Agri-Fab, Estate, and etc?

2. TPnTX

TPnTX LawnSite Bronze Member

funny you should ask. I have a swisher T60. It's actually a pretty good mower except for the dang Tecumseh engine which runs strong when it runs.

So pulling it behind a 48 Murray has always been a great way to get around the fact that I don't have a big 60" ZTR.

I do have a 44 " Toro. So I decided this week to pull the 16.5hp Briggs off the murray and put it on the Swisher. Now it starts right up with no starter fluid needed.

The poor ole murray is out of business.

Why is Tecumseh so bad about not wanting to start? I have two actually both 13hp OVH. Good strong engines it's just they won't start. I had one worked on and it started for short while then it's right back to needing starter fluid. And it surges a lot sometimes dies. POS!

So now with the trusty briggs we're pulling the T60 behind the ZTR for these big 2+ acre properties around here. It's really not a bad setup and your mowing 100inche path when you offset it. You can get a new one for 1500-1600.00 and I think now the come with briggs or Honda.

3. Tinkerer

So is your 44" Toro a ZTR, comm walk behind or a tractor?

4. TPnTX

its a zmaster commercial ztr

5. Tinkerer

What do you think about the cut? Some don't like its cut in tall grass.

6. TPnTX

well its hard for anything to cut tall grass especially with stringers. My Z does a worse job than the swisher and the murray did a better job than either.

For finish cutting large properties the cut is acceptable.

The only thing I've never liked about it is the Tecumseh.

I will add if it weren't for the fact that I'm pulling it with another mower offset, I would not be nearly as fond of it as I am. In otherwords if all I had was a 60" cut rather than 100 inches I would not use it on jobs. Its very efficient pulled behind a mower