Use Lesco's lawn care program?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Doster's L & L, Oct 6, 2004.

1. Doster's L & L

Doster's L & L LawnSite Senior Member

This is just a simple curiousity question. Would you consider Lesco's lawn care program (what you would find in Lowes), a program you would use on a clients lawn?

2. ThreeWide

ThreeWide LawnSite Bronze Member

From what I remember, It would be a viable option for a customer wanting the "bare minimum" fertilization program with a few adjustments here and there.

Just as an FYI, Home Depot sells the Lesco products (not Lowes)

3. James Cormier

James Cormier LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Ma

why not lesco's program they sell at lesco?

I think lesco makes great products. There are others out there that also make great products.

4. Doster's L & L

Yeah, you're right Turf Unlimited. I've been going to lowes alot here lately so thats what was on my mind. Lesco fert and pre m is at Home Depot.

I guess i need to take a look at Lesco's lawn program and see how it differs from mine. They dont have their programs posted up publicly like they do at home depot. I'll definitely check into it!

5. Green Dreams

Green Dreams LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

The reason I don't buy there is everything has iron! Next thing you'll see is someone asking how to remove the stains...lol!

6. Doster's L & L

Iron is good though right? Of course too much is bad. Maybe Texas it highly concentrated in Iron anyway.... atleast more so than here i'm sure. Don't you simply blow off the fertilize should it get on the walkways?

7. TClawn

TClawn LawnSite Silver Member

home depot carries lesco fert?? ;) I've never seen anything besides scotts and vigoro at the one we have here.

8. green with envy

green with envy LawnSite Member

If you keep the fert on the lawn you will not have stains. If you get it on the walk ways sweep it to the grass! That helps top ground water contamination too.

Mike

9. jajwrigh

jajwrigh LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Martinsville, IN

I have seen it there as well....I wonder if it is cheap stuff with their name on it....who knows. ;)

10. SystemXpert

SystemXpert LawnSite Member

According to the Guys at my local Lesco, the stuff in Home Depot is the same. However, they only carry the very basic Lesco ferts. Sure you will find plenty of 18-24-12 start fert., but you won't find Lesco NOVEX or POLYVEX at Home Depot.