1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Use of Engineaire precleaner

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bodinj, Feb 13, 2002.

1. bodinj

bodinj LawnSite Member
    from Iowa

What experience have you had with the Engineair precleaner? I'm thinking about ordering one. Thanks for your input.
  2. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

I have a Dixie and while it doesn't have the Enginaire it does have a Donaldson and it works great. My mower has a 3 stage air filter system, a turbo precleaner, the Donaldson canister filter and the factory Kohler filter. Between the Donaldson and the turbo precleaner they are enough alone. The Kohler filter still looks like it just came out of the box.
  3. edward hedrick

edward hedrick LawnSite Senior Member

Installed an Enginaire on a 22 hp Kohler on Scag Sthm 61
    April 2001, changed filter element in Dec. I saw it 1999 at Louisville, Good investment! Ed
  4. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

id like to hear more about this enginair precleaner . cost where i can get it etc. im running 20 kohler so i assume theres one for this motor. thanks an later .
  5. Cutright2002

Cutright2002 LawnSite Member

I installed an Enginaire on a Exmark Lazer Z and had 3900 hard hrs on the engine before it had to be replaced. I would say it was one of the best investment for the money I have made.
  6. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

3900 hrs . how do i find one of these things. appreciate it now
  7. SLS

SLS LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mars

Go to http://www.enginaire.com

I emailed them yesterday about their Integrated Filtration System (canister-type). I'm hoping they have one for the 23 hp Kawasaki.

It looks like primo stuff!
  8. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

SLS, I emailed then about the same engine about a month ago. I'm still waiting for them to write me back.
  9. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

thanks SLS . if i find a number on the site somewhere ill tellum u fellas waitin.thanks again an later
  10. Premo Services

Premo Services LawnSite Bronze Member

I agree with richard that the canister type system is the best, but kawi owners don`t have that option.:mad: I have the engineaire precleaner on my lazer with 23 kaw, and was impressed after doing leaves with lazer and ultra vac. The filter was really clean after all that dust. Normaly you would need a new filter after a week or so in that dust. Made a beliver out of me. I also hope that they come up with a canister system for older kawasaki motors, if they ever do I will be the first in line for one!!!