use spell check

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by specialtylc, Feb 20, 2004.

1. specialtylc

specialtylc LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm new to this site, but it seems to me that we would all look a little more professional and maybe more educated if everyone would use the spell checker .
  2. Soupy

Soupy LawnSite Gold Member

Try this, it will put a button on your Explorer tool bar, and you can check spelling anytime. Works nice if you are at a site that don't have a spell checker built in. Plus it works just like the spell checker in Outlook. CLICK HERE
  3. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I think that its just the fact that a lot of us want to get our opinion across quick and fast, we don't mind the common error now and then. I know that I do it a lot of times just because I am so excited to answer a question or post a statement.
  4. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

I agree and to show how it works I have run this page thru a spelling conversion program to show you how it should be in REDNECK.

Now dats da way I like it uh huh uh huh!

Noo Member

Locashun: spokane wa.
    use spell check
    ah's noo t'this site, but it seems t'me thet we'd all look a li'l mo'e professhunal an' mebbe mo'e ejoocayted eff'n ev'ryone'd use th' spell checker .

Repo't this hyar post t'a moderato' | IP: Logged

02-20-2004 07:33 AM

Senio' Member

Locashun: St Louis Metro (IL side)
    Try this, it will put a button on yer Splorer tool bar, an' yo' kin check spellin' ennytime. Wawks nice eff'n yer at a site thet doesn't haf a spell checker built in, as enny fool kin plainly see. Plus it wawks jest like th' spell checker in Outlook. Shet mah mouth! CLICK HERE

ah use Gopher Billy Joein' & Schedulin' Sof'ware
    Download yer FREE fully funckshunal 30-day
    trial hyar.

02-20-2004 08:21 AM

*Millennium Member*

Locashun: Michigan
    ah reckon thet its jest th' fack thet a lot of us be hankerin' t'git our opinion acrost quick an' fast, we doesn't mind th' common erro' now an' then, as enny fool kin plainly see. ah knows thet ah do it a lot of times jest on account o' ah's so excited t'answer a quesshun o' post a statement.

5. crawdad

crawdad LawnSite Bronze Member

A spell checker doesn't work if you use the wrong word, spelled correctly. This happens a lot here.
  6. GreenMonster

GreenMonster LawnSite Silver Member
    from NH

Yeh. I temd to agere with waht tideman sed. for the purpuse of thsi forrum, is splel cjech raelly htat impotent?
  7. stslawncare

stslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member
    from DE

who cares, i spend an hour to two hours a day in english class making sure my spelling is correct, last thing i want to do is come home to my computer and have to do it more on the darn internet. my customersdo not see this stuff so im not worried about my image. everyone knows who i am, how i work etc etc etc so whats the big deal. instead of worrying abuot how we spell lets worry about a business plan, equip pre maintenance etc etc etc
  8. Littleriver1

Littleriver1 LawnSite Senior Member

Spell it any way you want, we'll figure it out.
  9. metro-hp_48

metro-hp_48 LawnSite Senior Member
    from TN

I had a small fortune spent on my education (from 1st grade on) and was always good at spelling, but last night I was using the word "read", and it made me wonder. For example;
    "I will READ the classified ads to find a Yugo to pull my 5X12 trailer" is it spelled the same as in the past tence?
    "I have READ that they are very dependable"
    I have alot of friends that can't read at all (all good people) I just tell them English is one of the hardest to learn. (with all the diff. spellings for the words) like rain/reign, dough/doe dear/deer
    rough/ruff, bear/bare..... too (two/to) many to list here.

Got to get back to the sale paper and try to find that Yugo!
  10. hole in one lco

hole in one lco LawnSite Bronze Member

Their are two words i need to spell correct my first and last name on the back of the check that come in