1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Used 2002 Exmark Lazer 18hp Worth it or not?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by msloop77, Mar 18, 2004.

1. msloop77

msloop77 LawnSite Member

I have the chance to buy a used Exmark Lazer 18hp Kohler with Ultravac bagging system with 653hrs 48inch deck. Would you guys pay $4500.00 for the mower and vac, or is this too much money to spend. Is this considered high hrs, with good maintenance records. Was this a good year, anything to look out for? Is the 18hp Kohler a decent engine, only used a 17hp kaw before on my walk behind. Thanks, mark

2. P&C Lawn Care

P&C Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

I'd say that sounds reasonable with the Ultravac bagging system.
  3. Blessed 1

Blessed 1 LawnSite Senior Member

I think that it is a fair price. I paid 3800 for a 99 model ZHP with 200 hrs on last May. Because you have the bagger included that makes it a fair deal. I would take the serial # and go to the Exmark forum to get the manifacture date though. Excellent machine. I loaned mines to a friend a coule of days ago and I can't wait to get it back today. I now have 325 hrs and the only problems I have had were a seat cushion, solenoid, idler pully and 2 ea pump belts. Great Machine! Only draw back is I wish I had the 20hp, its a little more powerful. ;)
  4. thats a fair price seeing as it has the ultra vac...the 18 horse kohler is a good engine and will be ok on a 48 but it aint the king of torq .
  5. msloop77

msloop77 LawnSite Member

Thanks for all of the replies. Sounds like I might have to go for it. Need to get a few more accounts to justify it. mark
  6. ksland

ksland LawnSite Senior Member

I would says its a good price, Not the best deal in the world but well worth the $$
  7. jajwrigh

jajwrigh LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Martinsville, IN

Sounds good to me! That is a "light" amount of horsepower for that deck size in a ZTR, but a good mower still!
  8. Blessed 1

Blessed 1 LawnSite Senior Member

Trust the process!:eek: Get the mower. The accounts will come
  9. accuratelawn

accuratelawn LawnSite Senior Member

I bought a used hp with the 18 Kohler last summer. I was worried about the engine size, but it has worked out great. Even with the mulch kit on the 18 does well with the 48" deck.