used 21" toro suzuki

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by yard sloth, Oct 2, 2004.

1. yard sloth

yard sloth LawnSite Member

yesterday I was approached while mowing by a guy who wanted to sell some equipment. He only lived 2 blocks away, so I locked up my stuff and went with him to see the mowers. His english wasn't great, but it sounded like he has a new job and doesn't want to mow any more. One mower was a classic t-bar 37" toro belt drive walk behind. This is the one with the recycler deck and two different blade sizes. It looked pretty good and mowed good, not too much wear on it, also it had a 15hp kohler. For this one he said $900 but then said maybe $800.
    The other mower was a toro/suzuki 21" . engine manufacture date said dec. 2002. It looked very nice, much better than mine which has been used for 1 year. So I'm guessing it probably only has 6 months use on it. For this one he wants $500 firm. I was checking this one out and noticed the blade was on upside down!?? I'm wondering if he can't put the blade on right, could he have also put plain unmixed gas in it? It did run good though.
    So what thinks you guys? I'd sure like another 21 with the suzuki to last me a little further into the 4 cycle future. Do these sound like pretty good prices? If the guy ever did put unmixed gas in it could it be damged bad, even though it runs good and sounds good? thanks for any advice. :cool2:

2. JustMowIt

JustMowIt LawnSite Senior Member

If you can wait 6 more weeks, we are going to sell our entire fleet of 43 of them from $250 for the older ones to $400 for the one we bought this season.

They have been maintained by a full time mechanic, will be cleaned up & checked out.

Our shop is near McKinney Texas

The 21 inch Toro 2 cycle has been great, but we have decieded to change all at once next season.
    justmowit.com

3. yard sloth

yard sloth LawnSite Member

4. Hodge

Hodge LawnSite Senior Member

JustMowIt],

Where at in Mckinney are you located? Would be interested in 2 of the newer ones.

5. JustMowIt

I will send you a private message.

6. Fareway Lawncare

Fareway Lawncare LawnSite Silver Member
    from Canada

Hang on to Those 2Cycles as Long as You Can...Your Guys are Going to be Screaming Bloody Murder after they start Hauling the 4Stroke Montrosities Around....

7. JustMowIt

Yeah, I know, that is one of the reasons we waited through this season.
    TJ

8. Fareway Lawncare

Fareway Lawncare LawnSite Silver Member
    from Canada

You're Telling us you can only get 1 Season on these Units....Or you Want Uniformity....Wait until you have to Start doing 43 Oil Changes...Oil Checks..etc...Your Mechanic may be Screaming Bloody Murder too....

9. dishboy

dishboy LawnSite Platinum Member
    from zone 6

If you are concerned about running without mix I would pull the muffler and check the cylinder and piston for unusual wear.