Used 36 Turf Tracer vs. new Exmark 30 push mower.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by Holland, Mar 19, 2013.

1. Holland

Holland LawnSite Senior Member

Ok so I'm running a solo outfit with a 48 Turf Tracer. I do small residential yards 1/4-1/2 acre sizes. I would like to do a bit larger in the future as well. So Im needing a smaller mower to get in some of the gates. Should I just go with the used 36 Turf Tracer or that new 30 Exmark people are raving about?
    Thanks for any input!

Last edited: Mar 19, 2013
  2. knox gsl

knox gsl LawnSite Platinum Member

I would do the 30" and then drop the need for a 36 and 21.

3. Valk

Valk LawnSite Silver Member

Would bet the QOC of the 36TT will be better, possibly superior. But before making a decision, measure your gates. If a 36 will fit through most/all of them...I know I'd personally skip the 30.

4. Exact Rototilling

Exact Rototilling LawnSite Fanatic

Tough call. Depends on needs for bagging lawns to keep clippings out of beds etc. I hate bagging and it's a waste but at times it can't be helped.

The Exmark/Toro is a rear bagger. Also depends heavily on gates.

5. Holland

I never thought I'd see one of these used in my area but a pastor of a church in my area has one for sale. Wants $1525 with mulching kit. He lost the contract he was gonna use it on.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. minilawn

minilawn LawnSite Member
    from CO

I too am trying to decide between these. What did you go with holland?

7. Holland

Wow. I actually just bought a used 2month old 30 inch today. Got a great deal and dig the mower. Fast as a snake and has some power. Kind of mower you wanna run.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. KnK

KnK LawnSite Member

i would sell the TT, and buy a stand on, your body will hurt less, you will do less turf damage and cut about 25% time off of your route, just a thought, carry a 21 or 30 for the gate or super steep