used 48" belt drive price?

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by columbiaplower, May 4, 2002.

1. columbiaplower

columbiaplower LawnSite Senior Member

Im looking for a backup mower and saw a used, two season old 48in beltdrive metro. talked to the dealer and he said $1500 well I got him down to $1400. mower looks goood good tire tred clean belts and sharp blades. ran it a lttle and everything worked fine. My question is am i getting a good deal on it? i thinks so and wanted to know what u think

thanks
    nick

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Nick,

A new 48" Metro lists for $2600-$2900 depending upon which engine and controls you prefer. $1400 sounds like a decent deal if the engine is in good shape. Remember as good as these engines are they are expensive to replace and they are the weakest link.

Pull the air filter off and look inside the carb. If it's dirty and nasty in there than it's dirty and nasty in the engine and you've probably got some damage and wear. Check the compression; look for signs of poor maintenance such as grass and dirt sticking in the cooling fins. On the mower side make sure the spindles are solid and the transmission shifts properly.

Most wear and repair items on the Metro are relatively simple and reasonably inexpensive with the exception of the engine. That's the expensive one.

Good luck

Terry

3. columbiaplower

columbiaplower LawnSite Senior Member

i bought it did everything you said it all worked/looked good

great mower.........4th exmark
    thanks
    Nick

4. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Nick,

Great! I just answered your post on the adjustments. Get me the model/serial info and we'll get you a set of manuals.

Thanks

Terry