Used 60" Exmark Laser Z Purchase

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by homeowner3acres, Mar 3, 2003.

1. homeowner3acres

homeowner3acres LawnSite Member
    from Houston

I am a homeowner with 3 acres and I am about to purchase a zero turn commercial mower. After some research, I have decided Exmark seems to be the brand of choice. I have found a 1997 60" 22hp Lazer Z mower with 900 hrs. The owner bought it new, and says he followed mfg's. maintanence schedule. It has new belts and blades and I believe he said pulleys too at 800 hrs. He wants 3,000 for it. I think this mower will probably mow my three acres fine, but is there any suggestions you professionals have, and is this a decent deal?

Thanks in advance,

Shane

2. Esby

Esby LawnSite Senior Member

I would say it sounds like an alright deal. Thats not very many hours for a 97. Considering it is possible to put on 600-900+ in one year. I would look into where this mower was stored. If it sat outside for 5 years....I would look elsewhere.

3. homeowner3acres

homeowner3acres LawnSite Member
    from Houston

Thank You for your reply. It has been garage kept, and looks nice. The 22 hp Kohler purrs, and he has 8 air filters left over that come with it (he buys them by the case) so I believe he has kept the filters and fluids changed regularly. It has an extra set of blades, and an extra clutch? (I guess this is for the power to the deck as the trans is hydro??) Anyway, thanks again for the input.

Shane

4. CO.d 502nd

CO.d 502nd Banned

I think with no more then that many hours and like esby said it was stored proper more then likely you'd never ware the thing out mowing your 3 acre's.