Used 72" Super Z

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by JackFlack, Jun 20, 2008.

1. JackFlack

JackFlack LawnSite Member

I'm thinking about buying a 72" Super Z with 765 hours and I wanted to know what it was worth. The owner says that its a 2005, but I think the serial # starts with 0202 (hard to read) so I guess that means its a 2002. It has new wheel motors. Here's some pictures of it. Also, are there any issues with this year and model that I should be aware of. I'd appreciate any help you can give me. Thanks.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

It certainly is not a 2005 unit, if the serial # is as you typed here it would of been made in 2002, but who knows when he bought it.
    It doesn't look to bad, but certainly looks like its spent its life outside.
    How much is he asking for it?

3. JackFlack

He's asking $3000 OBO. The full serial number is 02022172 as far as I can tell since its faded and the model number is 926436. Should I be concerned that he had to replace the wheel motors already?

4. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

3k with new wheel motors isn't so bad, but I would check the engine out and make sure the unit drives good, check the spindles and clutch out real good also.
    It is a 2002 for sure from the serial # you have here.

Pj

5. JackFlack

I found out that the pumps were replaced about 300 hours ago, not the wheel motors. Should I be concerned about the wheel motors since the pumps had to be replaced?
    He says that it runs and cuts great, but I haven't had the chance to test drive it yet.

6. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

I am surprised to hear that its the pumps, I would double check that.

Pj

7. JackFlack

He showed me what he replaced and pointed to the pumps. I specifically asked if he was sure it wasn't the ones on the wheels and he said it wasn't.
    Here's the picture of what he pointed to.
    [​IMG]

He said he replaced them because it was moving slow and this fixed the problem.

Do you think I should be concerned about the wheel motors since they have almost 800 hours on them?

8. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

I am not so sure this guy knows what he is talking about.
    I wouldnt be concerned with 800 hours.