Used Bobcat WB's Should I Buy?

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by powerpuller1966, Mar 10, 2008.

1. powerpuller1966

powerpuller1966 LawnSite Member

Hello all.

A dealer for farm tractors has one 32 and one 36 hydro wb Bobcat mowers. I assume that is the size of the deck using a visual guestimate. They were traded in for a large Kioti. The time ticker says the one has 1200 hours and the other doesn't have the meter. I would say they are used about evenly.

I don't know if they run but am going to say that they do and don't need major repair. If anything, a general tuneup, belt change, and blade sharpening will get them back to work.

I was wondering what you would pay for a used machine that need minimal repair(oil change, belts, blade sharpening) for use as a backup to your daily runner? The salesperson told me $250 each when I was there but I wanted to throw out a post to y'all before I head back over to look at them again. Their a 1.25 hour drive away so it won't be soon that I can thoroughly check the machines over myself.

Brett Zambotti
    Unique Lawn Care

2. stuffdeer

stuffdeer LawnSite Bronze Member

250 a piece?
    For a 32 and 36.

Thats a heck of a deal

3. Atlantic Lawn

Atlantic Lawn LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Outer Banks NC

Jump on the bigger one, pull starter I assume, if it starts on the first or second try sounds like you got a pretty good deal. Even if it took a little carb work hard to go wrong at that price.

4. powerpuller1966

powerpuller1966 LawnSite Member

So far I have heard it is a good deal for the both. $500 for two decently used hydro wb's isn't that bad but the paint is worthless on them right know. My brother owns a powder coating shop so I will most likely strip it apart and powder them up. Keystone Powder Coating is the business. He is the #1 seller of powder coated valve covers for import cars on eBay. Check him out.

I am not familiar with these wb's. Are there any quercks I should know about like hydro problems, poor deck design, hard to control, etc, etc associated with these machines? If they are problematic like my old XS650 Yamaha, I won't get them.

Brett