Used Commercial Mower Options

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by hardatworknc, May 6, 2008.

1. So I have been perusing craigslist to see if I can find any good used commercial mowers, b/c at the moment our company can't afford a brand new one, and I really don't want to start financing something this early in the game. So I have come across a couple of options and was looking for some feedback as to what you guys think might be the best idea.

1. 48" cut walk behind mower scag 17 hp motor sulky and grass catcher - $1200
    2. 44" Toro walkbehind with jungle wheel riding attachement, bagger kit (basically brand new) 15 hp Kawasaki engine, very good condition, Runs very good. New clutch installed in 2006 and a new muffler. Mower was not used last season due to illness. Mower is ready to cut grass. - $800
    3. Cub Cadet Z-force mower with a 44'' cut. It has a 20hp Kohler Command engine and a deck wash system. - $2450

I worry about the toro's because I have heard they really aren't good commercial mowers. I've heard amazing things about scags, but until I see the shape of the mower and find out how many hours I don't know if that is a good price. Have heard mixed reviews on the cub cadets. Opinions?