Used Cub Cadet Tank - Need Advice

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by leca3, May 5, 2008.

1. leca3

leca3 LawnSite Member

Can I anyone tell me if the warranty on a Cub Cadet M60 Tank is transferrable?

Also, I am considering buying what I believe to be a 2006 model originally purchased in 2007 with 36 hours. I could be out the door including delivery for $4,800. Is that a good buy?

Finally, I would be buying from a dealer, sight unseen (except for photo) but condition is said to be flawless. Would it not be in my best interest to purchase without testing? Looks good in photo.

Thanks for any help offered.

2. DavidR

DavidR LawnSite Member

With only 36 hours you should be fine about the condition. You should ask the dealer about the warranty issue. It should be from the date of original purchase but I wouldn't be surprised if it were not transferable.

It wouldn't hurt to find out why the original owner got rid of it as well.

3. leca3

leca3 LawnSite Member

Thanks for your assistance.

Since posting, I contacted the manufacturer and was told that the warranty is not transferrable. Dealer told me that there was a starting issue when they got it but new battery solved the problem. I am now somewhat skeptical without a warranty.

4. DavidR

DavidR LawnSite Member

That is odd that the battery would have to be replaced this early in the life of the machine. May be some sort of electrical short that is essentially running the battery down. These can be very difficult to track down.

Even though the machine isn't covered by Cub, the dealer may offer some sort of warranty for you. Just depends on how bad he wants to move it I guess.