1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

used cup cutter

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ant, Jan 18, 2000.

1. ant

ant LawnSite Silver Member

i am looking for a used cup cutter for research or does someone have plans to make one<br>thanks anthonygrelli

2. GroundKprs

GroundKprs LawnSite Bronze Member

You can get a good new one for about $125-150. If you can even find used, you'll at probably at least have to get a new blade, so you'll be paying almost as much. We have used cup cutter for 10 yrs to check soil profiles and thatch buildup. Works a lot better than a 1&quot; probe. Still using original blade, just sharpen it couple times a year.<br>Some fellows use them also for grub sampling, but you are only getting 1/12 sqft of surface area with cup cutter. I prefer a larger sample area, but have used cup cutter for this on occasion.<p>----------<br>Jim<br>South Bend, IN

3. ant

ant LawnSite Silver Member

thanks jim. were can i buy one. i looked into lesco they were $250+ <br>anthonygrelli<br>sewell,new jersey

4. GroundKprs

GroundKprs LawnSite Bronze Member

I got mine from my chemical supplier. He deals mostly with golf courses so he also deals in golf tools. Ask at a golf course near you, and you might even run into a decent used one.<p>----------<br>Jim<br>South Bend, IN