Used Dingo price?

Discussion in 'Tractors' started by nlminc, Jul 20, 2006.

1. nlminc

nlminc LawnSite Bronze Member
    from GA

Local rental place has a 2002 tx420 for $6,500.00. Comes with a bucket and has btwn 700-730hrs on it. This is all the info I've been able to gather so far.
    Sound fair? I've been trying to get them to email me photos for 2 days. I haven't seen it in person because it's at another rental location.

Found a 2002 TX425 for $7,500.00 with a bucket/ GP(?) and 700 hours. Is there a big difference between the 420 and 25?

Thanks!

2. phototropic1

phototropic1 LawnSite Member
    from MS

That $1000 will buy you a lot of traction and stability. We have the 425tx. A couple of times, when really busy, we've rented a 420tx in order to have two dingos. I much prefer the 425!!!

3. YardPro

YardPro LawnSite Gold Member

that's a good deal
    we have a tx425 and it has turned out to be the best buy we ever made.
    ours was over $20K with attachments.

4. nlminc

from GA

Thanks! I was concerned about the hours. What's a GP? I haven't called the people who have the 425, I will this morning.

5. Dingolee1

Dingolee1 LawnSite Member

GP= General purpose. Those are about what the rental market has been selling TX's for.
    FYI You can expect around 2000-3000 hrs on the koher engines.

6. nlminc

from GA

Found out today the 425 has around 900 hours on it, not 700. It's out of State (3hrs) so I'm going to try and make a trip this week to see it.

7. AintNoFun

AintNoFun LawnSite Bronze Member

when we bought our 425 i beleive the only 2 differences was 6 inch wider tracks and a 25 kohler instead of the 20 hp kohler..

8. clyde

clyde LawnSite Senior Member

Tractor ! i like dingos have done some BIG things with it after katrina but i would have loved to have gotten my hands on a tractor ... they all had been rented out because. But Dingos are good if you do the small stuff its just not worth it to me do the big stuff and make the big money

9. YardPro

YardPro LawnSite Gold Member

LOL

we make big money with ours....
    we charge more per hr to use the dingo than a bobcat.....or tractor.
    being able to use them in tight places and doing NO dammage makes them extremely valuable.

10. Lawnworks

Lawnworks LawnSite Fanatic
    from usa

Sounds like a fair deal to me.