Used equipment hours!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by realtree27, Mar 31, 2006.

1. realtree27

realtree27 LawnSite Member
    from harrah

Is 1500 hours to many for a used zero turn? Just wondering, thanks guys.

2. Splicer

Splicer LawnSite Senior Member

Depends on the maintanence performed during those 1500 hours IMO.

3. realtree27

realtree27 LawnSite Member
    from harrah

Lets say it was taken care of average!

4. TURF DOCTOR

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

A lot of hours buy it cheap,figure if your not pleased and you want to sell it what's it worth.

5. Fantasy Lawns

Fantasy Lawns LawnSite Bronze Member

This is all gonna relate to price, number of hours, you already covered maintenances & your final commitment to repairs or final expectations

2 summers ago .... bought a 2001 Walker with a 25hp Kohler .... we'll maintained ....lots of maintenance receipt ....new front deck, tires, seat, belts & small stuff

Had 1500 hours on it .... price was $3500 .... figured the engine had another 1000 hrs, n the hydro's good till same time frame

Last Spring had to finally replace the engine at round 2800 hrs ....hoping for more ....cost installed was $1800 .... just had to replace the left hydro at 3600 hours (800 on the new engine) another $800 installed ...right hydro should be replace now ...but just having a new shaft n bearings put in for another $150 ... hope to get to next spring before all that

Point being ..... I still got what I think was a good deal ... all in all it's now a fair "new" machine n less than the cost of new at $8k .... which I did not have to come up with all at once ....it fit my need at the time & I realized that I was gonna have to replace major parts in time ....but I did get productivity out of it before I had to re-invest back into the mower

6. JTF40

JTF40 LawnSite Senior Member

If it is a DIESEL, it is just broken-in !!! :weightlifter: :weightlifter: :usflag:

7. steve45

steve45 LawnSite Bronze Member

I recently bought a 2000 Scag Tiger Cub w/ 1180 hours for $3200. I figured it was good for 2000 hours on average, which would last me a long time as a homeowner.