Used Equipment Question....Help......

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by GG Green, Mar 7, 2007.

1. GG Green

GG Green LawnSite Member

I need to purchase a used trimmer and blower. I have stumbled over Echo PB 651T blower and SRM 210 trimmer lightly used bought in June 2006 both roughly selling for half the price of new ones. Are you guys using any of these in your business?
    Do you guys think that this would be good starting equipment for a newly starting LCO with very few accounts at first?

Thanks to all.
  2. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

A great deal if you can work on stuff...the blower is solid the trimmer is lightweight but it will do.
  3. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Yeah, if it's only a year old and half the price of new, I'm selling my '02 Stihl model br-420 for half of new and I can almost bet it will sell long before the ad expires. Idk how the PB-651 measures up against the br-420 but the br-420 is a bit on the light duty side of things for me, still, compare $200 to $500 for a new br-600, you'll likely want to upgrade later but right now I'd go for it.
  4. Mow2nd-2

Mow2nd-2 LawnSite Member

you get what you pay for, I've wore (commerical)trimmers out in 1 season. IMO your better off buying new equipment, i would never buy a used trimmer or blower, a mower maybe.
  5. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

We have settled in on the BR420 also bought some more this year...our PB650 units are still running great but are just too darn heavy for day to day use.
  6. martinfan06

martinfan06 LawnSite Senior Member

Sounds like a good deal for starting out ECHO is good equipment.