1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

used equipment

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by awm, Aug 9, 2001.

1. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

its getting time to look for that used equipment you may need.
    this is gut check time in carolina.every year starting about now
    some of the boys decide ,this aint the way to make a living.
    sometimes you can just take over payments and be doing the guy a favor.
  2. skipwatson

skipwatson LawnSite Member

Very little used equipment available here in western NY, at least so far. But with this draught, who knows? Could cause a lot of people to re-think this business.
  3. A 1/4 barrel of light lager in my U Line tap sysem is my choice in hot weather.
  4. Island Lawn

Island Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

Cheers to the controversialist Stone !

5. roscioli

roscioli LawnSite Senior Member

THanks for the reminder awm... Now is definately the time, too bad I spent all of my would be profits already, I could really use a lazer.
  6. danlawnser

danlawnser LawnSite Senior Member

There ain't much in hickory for sale for a good price. I have been told toward charlotte there may be some things for sale for a good price. I heard a lot of lawn services are going out in that area.
  7. NC Big Daddy

NC Big Daddy LawnSite Senior Member

Not so sure about that...Every other truck or Car :D seems to be pulling a "Lawn Mower".
    AWM hows the cutting coming along in Stanly Co. Mowing every day down the road in Cabarrus Co. Stay cool....
  8. geogunn

geogunn LawnSite Gold Member
    from TN

I have read this stuff about the established LCO opportunist buying out the overextended scrubs at a pittance of the original price for their equipment.

if it's this way where you live then fine.

but this buzzard cleaning of the gut wagon of scrubs doesn't happen in my area.

I for one am ready for the feast if it ever happens but I haven't seen it in five years now.

how about all you buzzards posting about your purchases?

9. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

you got a way with word geogun:D
  10. danlawnser

danlawnser LawnSite Senior Member

hey nc big daddy,

That is what someone told me. A lawn service buddy just said that around lake norman area there were some going out. I guess he was a bad source.