1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Used equipment

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by greenguy04, Jun 21, 2004.

1. greenguy04

greenguy04 LawnSite Member

Hello all. I am new to this forum and have a few equipment questions. First, is there any good place to buy used commercial mowers and the like? I have visited dealers of the new stuff but it is way too expensive for me now. This is my first season in business and so far I only have the bare necessities. I am wanting to get all of the equipment I can afford so as to be competitive with the bigger guys.
    Secondly, if you had to give a list of what would be the "must-haves" for this business, what would they be? Are there pieces of equipment that you just HAVE to have?
    Thank you in advance for any help you can offer.
  2. T Edwards

T Edwards LawnSite Member

Are there pieces of equipment that you just HAVE to have?

Yes, Green from Beaufort. You HAVE to have a string trimmer and an edger if you want your properties to look first class. Having a mower and blower go without saying, but the trim work is what tops it off.

Good luck.