used Exmark 60" bagger...what's a good price?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by biscuit141, May 20, 2011.

1. biscuit141

biscuit141 LawnSite Member

I am looking to buy a 60" mower and a bagger. The seller of the mower I am going to look at today also has a mower with bagger he is wanting to sell, but I want to see if he will include the bagger with the mower I am looking at. He said the bagger is in good shape and is a 2003 or 2004 model, but i have not seen photos. I believe the whole bagger kit sells for $1800 to $2000 is that correct? I have seen them go for $400 to $800 used on this site. he said he would like $900. I'm not sure I want to spend an extra $900 right now, but I also know I do want a bagger at some point and I could deffinetly use it.

I guess what I am asking is what is a price I should shoot for that would make it too good a deal to pass up, as long as it is in good condition?

2. tuffram

tuffram LawnSite Senior Member

What year is the mower? How many hours are on it? I assume it has been used for commercial use before? How well has he maintained it? Any extras come with it minus the bagger?

3. biscuit141

The mower I am looking at is a 03 or 04 60" Lazer Z with 25 hp Kohler engine and 980 hours and looks to be in pretty good shape. Original engine with oil changed monthly and hydo fluid changed annually.

Tha bagger is not with this mower, it is on another mower with a replaced engine and higher hours. But he said he would be willing to include it with the mower I am looking at. It is used commerically but seems well cared for. Said he would through in an extra set of blades. Are there other extras I should ask for?

4. tuffram

tuffram LawnSite Senior Member

Extras would be stuff like, extra sets of blades, mulching kit, spare parts like belts, filters, deck bearings etc. anything he might have to go the mower that you might have to replace one day down the road to keep you from spending money on the same things.

5. biscuit141

Will a bagger from and UltraCut fit on a TriVantage?

6. chesterlawn

chesterlawn LawnSite Senior Member

Yes, mine was fit on both.

7. biscuit141

Any comments on price?