Used Exmark equipment

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by GravyTrain, Oct 10, 2006.

1. GravyTrain

GravyTrain LawnSite Senior Member

I've been on the lookout for used Exmark equipment. The problem is, I can't find any. I check the local papers every Sunday, I've talked to the local dealer and "demo guy", and I've checked Craigslist several times for the arkansas area as well as Memphis. The only used mowers I have found are on ebay, and none local enough that I would feel comfortable purchasing them.

Any suggestions?

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Hello,
    Here is a link on exmark.com that lists some used equipment across the U.S.
    http://exmark.com/usedequipment.asp
    Thanks,
    Brian

3. GravyTrain

In regards to the mowers listed on the website, are they checked out by a certified Exmark dealer, or are they listed by individuals who just want to sell their machine. Basically, do I need to be worried about finding a lemon in the bunch, and what do you have in place to protect against that?

4. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

All of the mowers on that site are offered through Exmark Dealers. Some of the mowers are under warranty and that would be one of the only ways to protect yourself against buying a poor machine.
    When you are looking at used mowers you always run the risk of buying a defective unit.
    Thanks,
    Brian

5. aazpeters

aazpeters LawnSite Member

Speaking from experience....Either buck up and buy new or buy used from a dealer. You really take a chance buying from a "private seller." They will feed you all kinds of BS to sell a machine that they put a cote of paint on. I recently bought a used machine and have spent around 500 bucks making it right. If you still are going to by from a private seller contact exmark with the serial number. They can run the service records on the machine. I found this out a little too late myself.

6. kaserlawn

kaserlawn LawnSite Member

i just bought a used 2 year old metro hp from a dealer...i called every mowing shop in my area 2 or 3 times a week for a month till i found this one.
    i got lucky this one is nice...however i need a stand on/ velky...

7. HenryB

HenryB LawnSite Bronze Member

Whenever buying a used machine expect to spend between $500-$1000 to make it perfect or "right" unless you can do the repairs and maintenance yourself. Sometimes you get lucky. If you want perfect buy new. If your very mechanical used is the way to go.

8. lawncaremanstl

lawncaremanstl LawnSite Member

I have a 04 turf tracer hp. 36 inch floating deck, striper, bagging system, muching system, velki and hour meter(reading 163). I bought everything new for $6,300 and have been taking care of it. I am self employed and only run it a few hours a week. Only smaller jobs used on and it is in great shape. I service guys at a certified exmark dealer told me not to even service it after looking at it because it was in such great shepe that I would not need any service until next years end. I change both the engine oil and the hydro oil and change the air filter more often than required. If you are interested please let me know. Great price $3,500 for mower and all attachments

9. GravyTrain

Wow, I am very interested in your machine. The location is also very acceptable, as I'm based in central arkansas and everything else I have found is in Georgia and further north. I'd really like to be able to get some more information, but I believe that email would be better for me to be able to access (my work blocks lawnsite.com on their internet filter for some reason).

Anyways, my email address is gravyTrain6@gmail.com.

I look forward to hearing from you.

10. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

Selling our 05 Exmark Metro HP 36". It has the Kawi 15 HP twin engine, comes with a bagger, mulch kit, 2 sets of blades, Big League Lawn stripe kit, 2 wheeled stand on sulky, hour meter (which reads, I think 73 hours) thats all we have used it. It looks brand new, asking $3300.00.