used exmark lazer Z

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by zim bob the landscaper, Mar 11, 2008.

1. zim bob the landscaper

zim bob the landscaper LawnSite Bronze Member

im thinking of buying this for now and buy another Z later in the spring and sell all the equipment i have now. the mower is a 52" 23hp kohlor engine with new dethatcher and trac vac bagger with 2 40 gallon bins. its hours are kinda high 2300 hours he said it was very well maintained. it has new hoses new hydro pump or pumps. i thinks thats all what do u think is a fair price for this?

2. Sweet Tater

Sweet Tater LawnSite Silver Member

Depending on condition and I am guessing sight unseen.... Personally I wouldn't give more than 1500 and that might still be a bit high. imo

3. zim bob the landscaper

how long does kohlor engines normally run like how many hours?

4. Eclipse

Eclipse LawnSite Bronze Member

If it is in very nice condition $3000. Would I pay that, probably not, but I am sure someone would.

FWIW - A local guy just sold the same mower with 1950 hours on it for $4000. It was in excellent condition.

5. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member

Well we had a kohler with 3,200 hours on it when we sold the mower to a friend and I think to this day it is still going. Our current Lazer HP has 2,200 hours and runs great. But anything over 2,000 hours and it is luck of the draw. May last till 3000+ or it may kick a rod next week.

6. mowerbrad

mowerbrad LawnSite Fanatic

Its a big gamble to buy a mower with 2300 hrs on it, you can't be very sure how long it will last you. It could last you 2 weeks or 2 more years. But if you really want that mower then by all means go for it.

7. lifetree

lifetree LawnSite Fanatic

This is correct ... however, if it's well taken care of as yu said here, it could be worth taking a chance on it ... you just have tomake an educated decision about it !!

8. zim bob the landscaper

ok im looking at it tomorrow right after school. ill see how well its taken care of and i plan on asking tons of questions.

9. zim bob the landscaper

im also planning on adding a brand new lazer late spring early summer. have 2 Z's would be great. expecting over 50+ accounts BIG accounts