Used Exmark Please Help

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Denham Lawnboy, Dec 9, 2007.

1. Denham Lawnboy

Denham Lawnboy LawnSite Member

27HP Kawasaki Liquid cooled EX-MARK 52" cut with mulching kit. New belts,new spindles, new gator blades, some new pulleys. it has 1500 hrs I think its a 2002 i am asking $3500.00

That is all the information that I know of right now. I will be finding out more about this machine. What do yall think about this mower. Good deal or not?
  2. mark_the_psycho

mark_the_psycho LawnSite Member

Sounds kinda high for 1500hrs
  3. Rhett

Rhett LawnSite Bronze Member

sounds way high

BUCKEYE MOWING LawnSite Bronze Member

Sounds high to me ....
  5. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Yeah I think it blue books for 2500 or thereabouts, they really don't even list any prices for anything with that many hours that isn't in excellent condition (which that's an oxymoron) ...

I'll tell you what I found out this year: When buying or selling anything (be it car, house, mower, whatever), the initial upkeep responsibility falls on the BUYER! It makes the most sense, the seller neither wants to nor should worry about much beyond the absolutely essential to make sure it's not falling apart, it is the buyer who will have to deal with that machine so let them deal with it.
    The other thing is, you can't really get your money back for all that maintenance, even a brand new engine and transmission hardly does squat other than maybe it says buyer beware... So again beyond making sure it's not falling apart it's just not worth it for the seller to deal with a ton of upkeep, a cost which can't really be recovered anyhow.

So it makes sense: Seller does the minimum, then the buyer takes over knowing that since blue book is the lowest price they are likely to get it's a good deal, plus all used machines require a ton of initial work anyhow, and if always the buyer accepts this responsibility then it's easy to remember, plus it's what comes natural.

Now if you want to buck the blue book system you can try it, but I would wait until spring to try and sell it either way.
  6. Denham Lawnboy

Denham Lawnboy LawnSite Member

I was thinking about buying the mower. What website do yall use for the blue book? I know of the KBB but I dont believe that they do lawn mowers.
  7. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

For a liquid cooled machine, I would offer him $2700-$3000 and see what the seller says.