Used Exmark Value

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by MJM landscaping, Feb 6, 2006.

1. MJM landscaping

MJM landscaping LawnSite Member

I have a 2004 Lazer HP 48" with the 20 hp kolher I believe. It has 385 hours on it. I am the only operator. Couple scrapes on deck stored indoors.

Ball park value??

2. Scag413

Scag413 LawnSite Bronze Member

There is a guy on here you says take $5 times the hours and take that from the price you paid for it new. It really is a great way to at least find the ballpark. So, 5 x 385 = 1925, take that minus $6,300 ( guessing price new ) that would give you $4,375. It could be a little more or a little less depending on how good of shape it is in.

3. CutApproved

CutApproved LawnSite Member
    from NJ

That doesn't work!!

I have an 04 Exmark, 52", 23hpKaw, 235hrs, Double bag collection system.
    I've been asking $7000 for it and have been getting offers of $5500.

$5 x 235= 1175 less what I paid for it new $9000 (approx)

Like I said it doesn't work

4. MJM landscaping

Plus I bought the ultravac for it. That was almost $1400 itself if I remember right.

5. Scag413

That was just to give him a ballpark price. I guess I shouldn't have given any advice considering I don't have a clue what I am talking about then. I apologize for my stupid advice. I will try not give any from now on.

6. MJM landscaping

hey any hepl will work, i really dont know what its worth so any advice is better than none.

7. Scag413

I was refering to Cut Approved not you MJM Landscaping. I just felt like he thought I didnt know what I was talking about. I just hope I have given you a price range.

8. CutApproved

CutApproved LawnSite Member
    from NJ

Scag413, didn't mean to affend! And I certainly don't think I know all either,
    your price range was OK, but like I trying to point out is this.

You pay nearly $8000 for a machine then about $1500 for the collection system. You offer a nearly brand new machine with only 200 or 300 hrs on it.
    Guys are low balling you offering $4500 or $5500,, think about it!!!!
    You pay someone like me CASH for a barely used machine,, no tax and get a nice machine for about $6000 - $7000 with all the above that if you about new would cost you $9000++++ Right??
    Can't see why guys would offer $5000 I hope I'm making sense..

Sorry SCAG413 like I said I didn't mean to knock you down......

9. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

I would say about $5,000 or so depending on condition. JMO I don't focus all that much on exmark so I could be wrong.......

10. MJM landscaping

Just to follow up, I just sold it for $5300 with a jrco rake. Not bad, just bought the new triton 60" with the 30 hp kolher.